Arm Your Business With a Foolproof Cyber Security Strategy
A proactive and effective cyber security strategy will get your team ready to defend your business in the case of cyber attacks.
Mitigate Cybersecurity Incidents with a Robust Cyber Security Strategy
As digital tools and systems evolve, so does the threat of cyber attacks. Cyber criminals are becoming increasingly sophisticated in their methods. From data breaches to ransomware attacks, the cyber threats you're up against can be overwhelming and devastating. The consequences of these attacks can range from financial losses to major reputational damage.
That's where an effective cyber security strategy comes in. With a proactive game plan, you can reduce the effectiveness of cyber attacks.
Build Your Cyber Security Roadmap Alongside a Team of Experts
Your new cyber security strategy needs to be able to keep up as emerging threats evolve. But can you foresee likely security issues? Or protect your sensitive data against every potential cyber security threat? With a little bit of help, you'll stand a better chance.
That's where our team of cyber security experts comes in. With decades of experience and knowledge in the evolving threat landscape, we'll help build your cyber resilience.
- Assess your cyber resilience and potential to fall prey to cyber threats.
- Review your current cyber security roadmap and policy.
- Create a plan to back up sensitive data in the event of a cyber security incident.
- Look at a strong network security plan to protect against major external cyber threats.
- Boost employee security awareness with a comprehensive cyber security training program to reduce the risk of cyber incidents caused by human error.
- Develop a robust cyber incident response plan to mitigate the impact of cyber attacks.
- Inspect the security of third parties to ensure no risks or vulnerabilities will be introduced.
- Test existing cyber security tools to identify any gaps in security.
- Continuously monitor and audit your cyber security strategy's effectiveness.
Working With CyberSafe
Expertise in the local threat landscape
We've kept up with emerging threats in Australia so you don't have to. Our experience comes from working with a variety of organisations across different industries. We've got the knowledge and tools to address your unique security needs.
A collaborative approach
We'll work with all stakeholders in your business, including IT teams, employees and partners. This way, we can ensure everyone is working towards the same goal and security measures are implemented effectively.
Experts in compliance standards
Meet your compliance requirements and avoid legal dramas. Our team will identify gaps in your current cyber security framework and get you ready for audits. Save time and money in the long run without the stress.
Integrate with essential cyber security services
Once you've got the strategy, it's time to take action. We'll help you test your team's security awareness, update your security policies, get robust cyber insurance in place and so much more.
Comprehensive team training
One of the biggest causes of cyber security incidents is employees' lack of security awareness. But they can also be your best defence. Explore our Cyber Security Training Program, based on the Australian government's security essentials.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a cyber security strategy?
A business' cyber security strategy is a plan of action designed to protect computer systems and sensitive data. It outlines the measures and processes you need to implement in order to prevent, detect, respond and recover from cyber attacks.
What are the elements of a cybersecurity strategy?
The core parts of a cybersecurity strategy typically include:
- Identifying and assessing risks
- Implementing protective measures such as firewalls and encryption
- Training employees on security best practices
- Monitoring for threats
- Creating an incident response plan in the event of a cyber attack
What is Australia's cyber security strategy?
This a plan of action developed by the Australian government to protect the country from cyber threats. It includes initiatives to strengthen partnerships between federal government agencies (like the Australian Cyber Security Centre) and industry. Additionally, it enhances law enforcement capabilities, protects critical infrastructure and explores new critical technologies to improve cybersecurity. The government also considers international engagement and the threat landscape of foreign partners.
Why do you need a cyber security strategy?
A cyber security strategy protects computer systems and sensitive data from cyber attacks. With a robust cyber security framework, you can identify and assess risks. Once you know what you're dealing with, you can implement protective measures to defend and respond effectively to security incidents if they happen. Without a cyber security strategy, your business faces high levels of risk including:
- Disruption to services and work
- Reputational damage as a result of poor cyber attack responses
- Loss of sensitive data (both your own and potentially customers' data)
- Financial losses from lost work, legal battles, ransom threats and more
- Further third-party risks in which you spread vulnerabilities to partners
- Regulatory and compliance failures
What should a cyber security strategy include?
A comprehensive cyber security strategy for businesses should include:
- Risk assessment and management
- Protective measures such as firewalls, encryption, and access controls
- Employee training and awareness programs
- Threat monitoring and detection
- Incident response plans and procedures
- Regular testing, review, and updates
- Partnerships and collaborations with relevant stakeholders
- Compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and standards.
- Continuity and disaster recovery plans
- Business impact analysis framework
- Implementing cyber security tools
- Third-party risk management
- Physical security measures
- Data classification and handling
- Privacy protection measures